The second DevOps meeting took place in Foligno, Italy, on 16th and 17th of October 2019.
All project topics and each work package were discussed.
It was combined with a workshop with officials of the Umbria Area. City of Foligno has established a special purpose company named DigiPass for assisting the digital transformation of the city.
It was proved that projects such as DevOps are necessary for a number of reasons:
1) The Smart Cities environment is complex
2) We have to address a number of key challenges
2) The commercially available trainings are not providing a systematic framework
3) The way software is developed has changed
4) The average age of public servants is increasing
5) Not many ERASMUS projects are focused at public sector
6) New IT-related professions are needed, and finally
7) the development of smart services for citizens is always high at the agenda of politicians.
Further, we should be aware that small municipalities do not have the necessary resources and support should be provided. Otherwise, we run the risks of a digital gap between small and large cities.
At the end of the project meeting, Altheo Valentini from CSF organized a social event to visit Assisi, the home town of Saint Francis. Saint Francis (Franciscus in Latin) is the founder of the men’s Order of Friars Minor, the women’s Order of Saint Clare, the Third Order of Saint Francis and the Custody of the Holy Land. Saint Francis is one of the most venerated religious figures in history, and Assisi is one of the most important religious sites in Italy.
Closing we would like to thank Altheo Valentini and CSF for hosting the meeting and for their hospitality.